Don’t fear the burpee…!
Don’t fear the burpee…!
-via Lydia M., AbsoluteFITness Challege 2.0 participant
Sometimes the most fun things are also really beneficial, fitness-wise.
Here’s a slo-mo video of me smashing the 20-lb smashball — I only did it once for the camera, but Marie had us doing it over and over for 50 seconds at a time in last Tuesday’s AbsoluteFIT class, and BOY does that work out both your core and your aggression!
Adapted from simplegreensmoothies.com
1) Blend in stages to avoid leafy chunks. [I personally think this one is the most important!] Chewing your green smoothie is no fun! To get a “smooth” green smoothie experience, blend up your leafy greens and liquid-base first. Then add your remaining fruits and blend again.
2) Follow the 60/40 formula. When you’re making your first few green smoothies, don’t just throw things in the blender. Chances are, it’ll taste nasty if you wing it right out of the gate. Use the 60% fruit/40% greens rule. Add chia seeds and/or some protein powder to round out your 60/40 formula, and voila! You’ve just created the perfect meal.
3) Freeze your fruits & forego the ice. Want your green smoothie to be extra chilly? Freeze your favorite fruits like ripe bananas, grapes, pineapple or berries. This is also a great way to not waste ripe fruits (like those brown bananas on your counter). You can also freeze your leafy greens in a freezer-safe bag. Just make sure to add your frozen greens straight to the blender (don’t defrost these fragile lil’ guys).
4) Avoid juices and artificial sweetners. Add naturally sweet fruits to any smoothie that tastes bitter or a bit too “green.” By sticking with naturally sweet fruits like bananas, mango, apples, pears or pitted date, we can easily avoid artificial sweeteners and processed sugars. The healthiest bases use filtered water or your favorite milk substitute.
5) Make smoothies ahead for the perfect fast food. Life can get crazy busy— especially in the morning. That’s why we think green smoothies are the healthiest fast food for people who are constantly on the go. You can prep your green smoothies and blend the night before and store it in your fridge (up to 2 days). Use an airtight lid to limit oxidation and keep it as fresh as possible. When ready to drink, give it a good shake before you open.
Daily Burn has some great GREEN smoothies that you can try at home.
via – Marie Dierks, AVAC® CPT
As I sat down to share some totally fancy thoughts on kinesiology I realized I was compelled to share the following instead. . .
I dropped my kids off at school this morning and my 5 year old daughter decided it would be the perrfect opportunity to have a complete melt down. (She’s in kindergarten.) I literally had to pick her up and drag her into class.
The struggle was REAL!
So now I’m going to tattle on myself….I had a mommy moment and started to cry. By the time I got to AVAC I had already given myself about 5 pep talks….mostly relating to how I need to get my game face on and be there for my Absolute fit clients. And so I did! Buuuuut, if I’m being honest, it’s the Clients themselves who actually lift ME up… Today especially. As soon as I saw their smiling faces I felt so much better!
This experience was a great reminder of how much we feed off of each other’s energy and good vibes! How we get soooo much more out of the Absolute fit classes then just the great workout.
Good energy, great support and amazing friendships!
I feel truly blessed to a part of the AVAC team and honored every day to contribute to the goals and the success of others! And today I humbly thank my clients for being my uplifting support!
via – Lydia M., AbsoluteFIT Challenge 2.0 Participant
AbsoluteFITness Challenge 2.0 Update:
OK, first the good news:
Now the not so good news: I AM SO TIRED OF TRACKING MY FOOD ALREADY.
I am glad that this challenge is for 28 days, which I’m hoping is enough time to change my routines and make a habit of this, because right now? I just … do not like doing that. But it’s the only thing that keeps me honest: Why didn’t I have a second beer the other night? Because I’d have to put it in the tracker. Booooooo.
Challengers and anyone else working toward a goal: How are you doing?
A Food & Fitness Blog
Fitness: Discover the AVAC® Difference!
wellness at its core
The Art and Craft of Blogging
The latest news on WordPress.com and the WordPress community.