We recently wrapped up the AbsoluteNutrition Challenge here at the Club, and our participants were given new ways to prepare all sorts of healthy, easy & FUN foods! Keeping in line with that Challenge mentality, check out this Foil Packet Favorite, “Sausage with Veggies and Potatoes.” You’ll love the simplicity of preparation, and your kitchen cleaner-upper will thank you afterwards!
This simple turkey sausage, vegetable and potato packet is one of the easiest things you can do for dinner, coming in especially handy during a busy work week! It’s chock full of basic but flavorful ingredients, and can be easily tailored for various ingredients you have on-hand.
Makes approx. 4 servings | Cook time: 25+ minutes
- 1 package of Aidell’s Chicken and Apple pre-cooked sausage (sliced thin)
- 1 yellow onion, sliced chunky
- 1 yellow squash, sliced
- 3 medium golden potatoes, chopped into small, bite-sized pieces
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon each oregano and basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- In a large bowl add all ingredients and toss to combine and equally coat in oil and seasoning.
- Section out four 16-inch long pieces of foil and divide the mixture equally and put into the middle of each piece of foil. Wrap up the foil so that there are no holes. If you have super thin foil or there is too much to adequately close the pouch tear off another piece of foil and double wrap your packet.
- Place packets on the grill and cook for 20-25 minutes. Make sure (IMPORTANT!) to flip your packets half-way through cooking time. Remove one packet and check to see if the vegetables are cooked to your desired done-ness. If not, you can continue to cook until all veggies are tender.