via – Lydia M., AVAC’s Resident AbsoluteFIT Blogger
Remember to remember what you’re grateful for.
It’s Thanksgiving week, the kickoff of the holiday season, and despite some sad news from my far-flung correspondents and other unpleasantness, I’m glad to say I’ve still got so much to be thankful for:
- My family — my husband and kids, my siblings and in-laws, aunts & uncles, cousins, neiblings.
- A comfortable home, a job I love, enough food to eat.
- The ability to give to others (time, money, support of various kinds).
- Friends, both real-life and online.
- My AVAC “framily.”
- The beautiful rainy fall weather lately, a crispness in the air.
- The prospect of a great Thanksgiving meal with my nearest and dearest.
- My health, and the commitment I’ve made to it via AbsoluteFIT.
I love that there’s a time of year that we all agree to stop down a little and think about what we’re grateful to have in our lives! My sincerest best wishes to all of you for a warm and joyous Thanksgiving — and I hope to see everybody back in the studio next week.
PS: The wonderful trainers of AbsoluteFIT will be there post-feast (Friday, Saturday, and beyond), so if you’re feeling ready to move, get on in there!
Lydia Markoff is an Almaden-area writer, mom, and fitness enthusiast with Texas roots, a New York education, and a Californian heart. She plays bass, reads a lot, watches too much TV, and can be found in the AbsoluteFIT studio three to five times a week. Her life goals include having a body like Linda Hamilton’s in Terminator 2, and/or having Bill Murray randomly crash a party she is attending. If you need something from her, try bribing her with good coffee or cold beer; odds are, she wants one or the other of those right now.