Just keeping it real, there are a few things I’m not 100% down with … here’s a sample:
- Burpees. Good living SHATNER do I hate burpees, and there’s always someone makin’ me do them, just cause they “burn a lot of calories” and “are a really high-intensity full-body move” or stuff like that! Grrrrr!
- Partnered exercises. I can’t help it — I love my AbsoluteFIT buddies, and partnered exercises give me anxiety: I’m always afraid I’m going to let my partner down (“Gosh, could Lydia BE any slower on those sit-ups???”), or possibly injure them with an ill-timed move or my Hardy Farmer Hand-Grip or whatever.
- Starting out behind the 8-ball. On days I’m exhausted (like yesterday, when I woke up at 4:05 a.m. for no reason and couldn’t get back to sleep), or late to the studio (KIDS, amirite?), or feeling the effects of the previous night’s ill-advised last glass of wine, I have trouble getting into my workout. It’s always worth it, and I invariably feel much better after, but still, those first few minutes can be a doozy if I’m not on my game.
- Lunch. I never know what to do about lunch — I want something high-protein, easy to fix, quick, and relatively low-calorie, and I want someone else to provide it for me, and I want to not have to think about it, and I want it right after AbsoluteFIT because breakfast has long since burned off and I’m starving … but it’s not quite 10:00 a.m. So basically, I need a nanny, right? Who is also a licensed nutritionist? In reality, I eat cereal or those awesome Sargento Balanced Breaks more often than a grown adult should. Sigh.
- Missing a workout. Man, I hate when that happens …
What are your less-favorite workout things? Air them here!