via – Lydia M., AbsoluteFIT participant
Er’body loves a list, right? Here are five things on my mind about AbsoluteFIT lately:
- New blood: There have been a couple of new trainers working into the rotation lately — new to AbsoluteFIT, not new to fitness training in general. And as much as we love our regular trainers, it is great to experience a workout led by someone whose style you’re not familiar with — keeps you on your toes!
- Winning at Walk-a-Thon: Remember when I said one of my AbsoluteFIT goals was to be a good example to my kids? Well — I’m taking the TEN MILES my 8-year-old daughter walked at her school’s walk-a-thon last Saturday as evidence that it’s working!
- AVAC’s new look: I’m liking the new flooring, both upstairs and down — it’s overall a cleaner, sleeker vibe … and gives us something new to look at when we’re doing walking lunges with overhead presses on that catwalk, at least.
- Yes, I’m really like this IRL: A friend of mine won a set of AbsoluteFIT sessions at our kids’ school’s silent auction, and she described her bidding process thusly: “I thought, this is what you’re always going on about, and you like it so much, I should give it a shot!” Hahahaaaa!
- SAD thoughts: AVACLife had a post this week about SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder); I am luckily not a sufferer, but I know and am related to many who are, and I second the advice to work out as a way of pushing back against this form of mood disorder. Exercise doesn’t “cure” clinical depression — but if you’ve just got a case of the blahs, AbsoluteFIT is sure to boost your mood and raise your energy level (I swear, like 40% of my posts here are about that!). Get in the studio and kick these shorter days’ butts!