via – Marcus Eduardes | Spinning Instructor, Team AVAC®
I have spent most of my professional life on the Sales side of Technical Consulting and Recruiting. These days, I run my own Consulting Company through which I coach Senior Sales Leaders and CEO’s to optimize their businesses in order to generate more revenue.
Why am I telling you this?
Well, there are actually a number of notable parallels between success in sales and business – and success in health and fitness, whether it be on the bike, in the gym, on the road, up a mountain or in the pool. These similarities include planning, execution, focus and commitment.
Many sales organizations set themselves up to tackle their respective markets on a quarterly basis – they target, execute, measure, manage and reward teams/employees in four separate cycles during the year. Jan-March, April-June, July-Sept and Oct-Dec.
I think the same template could work well for health and fitness initiatives.
Set yourself a specific goal at the beginning of each Quarter – and then manage and measure yourself, as you progress through the 13 weeks towards your goal.
Tomorrow actually marks the last Sunday in Q1. It’s a chance to reflect on the progress you’ve made in your own personal health and fitness agenda over the first 3 months of the year, and, looking ahead to Q2, an opportunity to consider a more specific goal or measure of success to help you combat the evil forces of Procrastination and Indifference…
And this next Quarter is a big one: April 1st thru June 30th…
It’s the all-important “Pre-Summer 2015 Quarter”!
Wanna look good at the beach? You’ve still got time to put a fitness plan together that delivers you into July in your best shape ever!
Follow these simple steps and set yourself up for success:
1. Set The Bar. Decide on your goals: Inches, weight, resting heart rate, # of workouts weekly – there are many different target options that you might choose to motivate yourself and measure your success.
2. Challenge Yourself. Nothing worthwhile comes easily, but with the right level of focus and determination, you can achieve whatever you want. Set some lofty goals and go after them with extreme zest!
3. Ownership and Accountability. You are far more likely to succeed if you write down your goals and share them. Tell your family and friends – you may even want to publish your goals on Facebook.
4. Non-Negotiable. Get your workouts in the calendar. Nothing is more important than your health and fitness. Make the commitment!
5. Be Realistic. It’s not the end of the world if you miss a workout or opt for the cheesecake once in a while. Just get back on your plan as fast as possible with renewed vigor!
6. Manage and Measure. Keep a journal of your progress and note how you feel at the end each week, or after each workout. Look for small wins to stay fired up and on track!
7. Nutrition. We all know how to eat healthy. Stay hydrated and try to plan your meals rather than reacting to hunger.
8. Just Do It. No excuses, let’s go! You are the master of your own destiny.
Consider meeting with an AVAC Personal Trainer to help you craft a plan that works for you.
Good luck – and make sure that Indoor Cycling features heavily in the cardio part of your plan – there’s nothing like it, to stay heart healthy and happy!
AVAC’s Best Male Spinning Instructor…
Check out BikeBeat.net for more great articles!