via – Lydia M, AVAC® AbsoluteFIT Participant
If you’re going to be doing something for a long time — e.g. my commitment to AbsoluteFIT — eventually you’re going to need some inspiration to keep going, work harder, level up, instead of staying where you are.
Fortunately for me, I find inspiration nearly every day, right there in my AbsoluteFIT sessions. Here are a few of the many, many people who help keep the fire lit:
- The coach I thought was a good 12-13 years younger than her actual age. She just seems so youthful, in her outlook, her spirit, and of course her amazing bod — she’s a positive role model in every way.
- The woman who gutted it out through her entire recovery from knee surgery. She never, ever quit — even when she was almost immobilized by her brace, she came and watched a few workouts, and as soon as she had her doctor’s OK, she was right back in there with us.
- The kickboxer who got into AbsoluteFIT to mix up her workouts. From things she’s said (context clues!), I think she’s at least ten years my senior, but she works as hard as anyone in that studio; if I have half her stamina and coordination ten years from now, I’m going to write her a note of thanks for the boost she’s given me.
- The guy who’s often the only man in the room. Fellas, take note: I don’t know what’s up with the female-to-male ratio here, but this guy doesn’t seem to care one way or another, and thanks to the effort he puts into AbsoluteFIT, I bet he’s stronger, fitter, healthier and more flexible than you.
- Everybody who shows up, day after day. We all greet each other with smiles, we welcome new people, we commiserate about the really hard moves (and encourage each other to get through them). I’ve said it before, but honestly, it’s a real pleasure to do this with such a friendly, inclusive bunch of people, and to know that we’re all in it together.