These beginner fitness tips will leave you with no excuses, so get off your computer and start working out!
1. Been Awhile? The Biggest Mistakes to Avoid After an Exercise Hiatus
Whether you have a good excuse like a pulled hammy or you’ve just been too busy with work and friends to slip on your running shoes, it’s never easy to get back into working out. To keep yourself from over or under-doing it, be sure to avoid these common mistakes. You’re trying to jump back into healthy habits, not making up for lost time.
2. Before You Jump In, Refer to the Beginner’s Workout Schedule
If you’re trying to drop pounds and are new to the whole exercise scene, you need a plan you’ll actually stick to. Check out this well-balanced schedule to be sure you’re making the most of your weekly workouts.
3. Warm Up: Try a Beginner Yoga Sequence That Builds Heat
For an active yoga practice that brings the heat, this step-by-step sequence will fit the bill for a beginner yogi.
4. Websites Offer Free (or Dirt-Cheap) Yoga Classes
Yoga may be blissful, but it isn’t cheap! Starting your new (affordable) yoga addiction is only a few clicks away.
5. Now Drink Up: 7 Rules For Hydration
If you’re not hydrating, you’re cheating yourself and your runs. Follow these 7 rules for hydration for both long and short runs.
6. If You’ve Ever been Discouraged By Running…
These 15 beginner running tips will help you start strong and stick with it. You’ll want to start out slow, set realistic goals, and before you know it, you’ll be able to run a full thirty minutes without stopping.
7. Don’t Forget to Keep Proper Form
8. Get The Most Out of Your Treadmill Workout
New to the treadmill? Make sure you’re doing it right with these tips.
9. Not Into the Treadmill? Hop Onto the Elliptical
Elliptical trainers are superversatile. Learn how to make this machine work for you with this short tutorial.
10. If You’d Rather Not Run: 10 Reasons to Start Swimming Now!
From toning your core to speeding up your metabolism, there are several reasons why you should consider swimming your new go-to. Grab a suit and find out the 10 reasons why you should start swimming!
11. Follow This 4-Week Plan to Swimming Your First Mile
In a month from now, you could swim a mile. Yes, one full mile. Swim your way to the best shape of your life by following this plan.
12. Can’t Skip the Strength Training: Check These Beginner Moves to Master
Want to start a strength-training routine but don’t know where to begin? We’ve got you covered with these 6 beginner strength-training moves.
13. Don’t Forget the Equipment: How to Choose an Exercise Ball
Physio ball, exercise ball, stability ball, fitness ball — whatever you want to call it, you need it. Here’s a guide to help you find the right ball for your size and height.
14. Now Don’t Forget to Use It: Stability Ball Chest Press
While this move is commonly done on a weight bench, adding a stability ball not only engages your upper body but your butt and hamstrings, too.
15. No Gym? No Problem! 7 Ways to Inspire Workouts at Home
Gym membership is too pricey? Woke up too late for yoga? Cold? Rainy? Snowy? No excuse! You can still get in a good workout at home.
16. Wind It Down, and Stretch It Out With This 5-Minute Sequence
Your cooldown is crucial for both mental health and muscle strengthening.