via Emily Fleischaker – BuzzFeed
So Thanksgiving was awesome.
Cause you ate all this stuff.
After the meal you kind of felt like this.
But all weekend you kept eating like this.
Until all of a sudden you felt like this.
And your clothes fit like this.
Now you think maybe you should only eat this.
Follow this 10-step plan this week and very soon you’ll feel like this.
1. Drink eight glasses of water a day.
Drinking more water helps flush out toxins, fights constipation, fatigue, and dry skin, and it boosts immunity from colds and flus.
2. Eat breakfast. No, really: EAT BREAKFAST.
Not an Egg McMuffin. Try one of these:
1. Oatmeal with some nuts
2. Fruit + yogurt
3. A hard-boiled egg and some “green juice”
3. Eat every three to four hours.
Seriously — set a timer to go off if you need to be pulled out of the Internet or something to remember to eat. It will keep you from getting REALLY HUNGRY and then eating a huge meal.
No pile of food you consume should really be bigger than your fist. Except maybe vegetables.
5. Eat a fruit or some vegetables with every meal.
Potatoes do not count.
Cutting carbs is actually counterproductive. Instead, avoid white bread and white pasta and up your intake of whole grains like quinoa, farro, brown rice, barley, oats, and soba noodles, and legumes like lentils.
Roughage means foods high in dietary fiber. And that means foods that will make you poop! So like:
2. Whole grains like steel-cut oats, whole-grain granola, whole-wheat pasta, and quinoa
3. Fruits and veggies like apples, broccoli, squash, blueberries, and kale
Let’s say today you make a big batch of quinoa and roast a bunch of sweet potatoes. Then you can use them through the week in different dishes like these:
9. When you snack, have something like this.
10. Try not to do this.
Aim for only four drinks this week. Or if that’s completely unreasonable (and it might be and that’s cool), aim for no more than two a night.