via A Life Balanced
via All Recipes
- 2 cups coarsely chopped zucchini
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped onions
- 1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 pound extra lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce, or as needed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spray 20 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Place zucchini, onions, and red bell pepper into a food processor, and pulse several times until finely chopped but not liquefied. Place the vegetables into a bowl, and mix in ground turkey, couscous, egg, Worcestershire sauce, and Dijon mustard until thoroughly combined. Fill each prepared muffin cup about 3/4 full. Top each cup with about 1 teaspoon of barbecue sauce.
- Bake in the preheated oven until juices run clear, about 25 minutes. Internal temperature of a muffin measured by an instant-read meat thermometer should be at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
via Eden Thompson, AVAC
It is a proven fact… exercise is a fundamental component to an individual’s physical and mental well-being. You’ve been hearing it all of your life from doctors, friends, and family, but if that still isn’t enough to convince you that it is time to start moving, here are 9 of my favorite exercise related quotes for a little motivation:
Physical fitness is not only
one of the most important keys to a healthy body;
it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity.
-John F. Kennedy
It is exercise alone that supports the spirits,
and keeps the mind in vigor.
Movement is a medicine for creating change
in a person’s physical, emotional, and mental states.
Lack of activity destroys the good condition of every human being,
while movement and methodical physical exercise save it and preserve it.
Wholesome exercise in the free air, under the wide sky,
is the best medicine for body and spirit.
-Sarah Louise Arnold
True enjoyment comes from activity of the mind
and exercise of the body; the two are united.
-Alexander von Humboldt
A man’s health can be judged by which he takes two at a time pills or stairs.
via Back On Pointe
via Daily Burn
Here are some great snack ideas that are all under 100 calories! Keep some with you throughout the day to get you full, give you energy, and keep you from overeating during meals.