I always heard that pulled pork tasted great in a slow cooker so I decided to make some skinny pulled pork! I love that I can just prepare this in the morning do all my things during the day then dinner is ready, it feels like I don’t have to cook at all. I used to low calorie BBQ sauce from the store, it’s all up to your discretion on how much BBQ sauce you want to add, I went easy on the BBQ sauce so I could save the calories. I used whole wheat buns, you can also serve with some coleslaw on the burger or on the side, I added some hot sauce and a pickle on mine since I love spice!
- 2.5 lb boneless porn loin roast
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 4 tsp hickory liquid smoke
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup of low calorie BBQ sauce
- Place pork in slow cooker and season with red wine vinegar, hickory liquid smoke, garlic powder, and salt.
- Cover and set for 6 hours on high
- Move pork on a large dish, reserve liquid in a cup and save
- Shred pork with 2 forks and put it back in the slow cooker
- Add 3/4 cup of the remaining liquid and add BBQ sauce
- Cook on high for one more hour