via Trim & Terrific
This all-American favorite gets a deliciously healthy spin with fiber-rich sweet potatoes and healthier ingredients ideal for any appetizer or snack. And, Louisiana yams are touted as the sweetest of sweet potatoes!
Makes 12 potato skins
- 6 medium Louisiana yams (sweet potatoes)
- 4 slices turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat shredded Cheddar cheese
- Wash potatoes well, and dry thoroughly. Microwave on high 8-10 minutes depending on size (or in 425 F oven bake 50-60 minutes). When potatoes cool to handle, cut in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-inch shell (save pulp for another use). Cut potato skins in half width-wise.
- Place potato skins on baking sheet lined with foil. Coat skins with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake 475°F 5-7 minutes; turn and coat skins on other side with nonstick cooking spray. Bake until crisp, 3-5 minutes more.
- In small bowl, mix together bacon, green onions, and cheese. Sprinkle mixture inside skins. Bake 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Calories from Fat 25%
Saturated Fat 1g
Dietary Fiber 2g
Total Sugars 2g