via Lemon Stripes
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 tspn baking soda
- 1 tspn baking powder
- 1 tspn vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 tspn salt
- 1/2 tspn cinnamon
- 1/2 tspn nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup raw honey
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (or canola oil)
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (you can use soy yogurt to keep it dairy free)
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely processed apples (Vitamix for a few seconds works great)
- 1 cup finely chopped kale
- 1⁄2 cup nuts or dried fruit. I used chopped walnuts.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda and powder, salt and spices.
- In another bowl, mix honey, vanilla, egg, yogurt, oil, apples, kale, nuts.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir.
- Fill 12 greased muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a fork inserted in the muffin comes out clean.