Making your own homemade roasted almonds is a great way to avoid a lot of the salt and sugar added to the nuts you buy at the store. It’s also much more cost-effective. This recipe for Smoked Paprika Roasted Almonds yields a full flavored, healthy snack. The flavor of smoked paprika complements the earthy taste of almonds and creates a delicious snack. You’ll be surprised at how easy it is to make roasted almonds in your own home. Almonds are a healthy little nut that you’ll find yourself eating all the time after you try out this recipe.
Smoked Paprika Roasted Almonds
- 4c raw almonds
- 1T safflower oil
- 1t salt [plus more to sprinkle on at end]
- 1T smoked paprika
- 1/4-1/2t cayenne
- 1/2t garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 300*
- In a large bowl combine almonds + oil. Stir well to coat.
- Combine all other ingredients and stir well.
- On a baking sheet [line with parchment for less mess] distribute almonds evenly.
- Bake 30 min, stirring once halfway through.
- Sprinkle with salt, just after taking out of the oven.
- Let cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
*Use 1/4t cayenne and then sprinkled more in the bowl. This left the almonds with a mild heat. Test before cooking for desired level of heat.