It tastes just like a decadent chocolate shake, and you wouldn’t know that it’s packed with baby greens that are virtually flavorless and oats that add creamy thickness. Cocoa powder and milk completely mask any taste or color that would give away the secret greens inside. This shake is almost sugar-free and packed with protein, fiber, and antioxidants.
Ingredients – Makes 2 (1.5 cup) smoothies
- 3/4 cup milk (unsweetened vanilla almond milk preferred)
- 2 heaping tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (optional)
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1 1/2 cups loosely packed baby kale or spinach
- 1 medium banana, sliced and frozen
- 1 teaspoon stevia powder (or favorite sweetener to taste, such as agave or maple syrup)
- 1-2 cups ice
- 1 teaspoon chocolate syrup, for garnish
Pour milk into a blender. Add the rest of the ingredients except chocolate syrup. Blend until smooth. Pour into glasses and top with a little chocolate syrup. Serve immediately.