via ACE Fit
Check out these lightened-up beverages that will save you some serious calories and keep you feeling confident in your swimsuit when you hit the beach.
The slim-down secret for this drink is to ditch the coconut cream and get the coconut flavor elsewhere. Here’s a delish, slimmed down version that comes in at 140 calories, giving you a 510-calorie savings from the traditional recipe!
- 1½ ounces coconut-flavored rum
- 2 ounces pineapple juice
- 2 ounces sparkling water
- 2 ounces coconut water
Directions: Pour ingredients over ice and stir.
The secret to keeping this light is to avoid pre-made mixes and to use sugar-free strawberry drink mix instead of juice—the mix is ultra-low in calories and adds a lot of sweetness without all the sugar included in the traditional daiquiri. Also, thawing the strawberries before blending sweetens it, too. Our clients love the whipped topping as the finishing touch.
- 1 teaspoon sugar-free strawberry powdered drink mix
- 1½ ounces rum
- ½ cup frozen strawberries, slightly thawed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fat-free whipped topping, optional
- 1 cup crushed ice
Directions: Add powdered drink mix into 4 ounces of cold water and stir until completely dissolved. Pour all ingredients in blender and blend until slushy.
Avoid the calorie- and sugar-loaded margarita mix. Choose sugar-free mixers or diet tonic.
- 1 ounce frozen diet lemonade or orangeade concentrate
- 1½ ounces tequila
- 2 tablespoons diet lemon-lime or orange soda
- ½ cup crushed ice cubes, more if needed
- Squeeze of lime
- Lime slices and salt for glass rim
Directions: Combine first three ingredients and blend in blender. Then add ice cubes and blend until slushy. Rub lime slices on rim of glass and dip rim in kosher salt. Olé!
Use diet or light juices and substitute almond extract for the crème d’amande.
- Ice cubes
- 2 ounces diet or light orange juice
- 1½ ounces white rum
- 1 ounces diet or light pineapple juice
- 1 ounces light plum juice
- ½ ounce triple sec
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
Directions: Fill a glass with ice and pour in all ingredients. Enjoy!