This is an all around great recipe! It’s full of fruits and veggies, and the quinoa will give you the protein you need to make it a complete meal.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 2 cups broccoli, blanched
- 2 medium carrots, sliced into matchsticks
- 4 scallions (green onions), sliced
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice (for dressing)
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar (for dressing)
- 1/4 cup olive oil (for dressing)
- 2 tablespoons organic low sodium gluten-free tamari (for dressing)
- 1 inch ginger, grated (for dressing)
- a handful of soybean sprouts
- a handful of fresh cilantro and mint leaves, rough chopped
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh juice from 1-2 limes (for dressing)
- a dab of agave, to taste (for dressing)
- lime slices (garnish)
- chopped roasted cashews (garnish)
- Cook 1 cup quinoa in 2 cups water. When the quinoa is ready, scoop it into a large bowl and fluff it with a fork. Allow it to cool.
- In a large glass measuring cup, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Taste test. If you prefer a dressing that has more fat, add a little more olive oil. Sweeter? Add a touch of agave, to taste. More citrus? Add more lime juice. More of a vinaigrette? Add more rice vinegar. More ginger? You know the drill.
- When the quinoa has cooled, pour in the dressing and toss lightly. Add the pineapple, broccoli, carrots, scallions, soybean sprouts, fresh cilantro and mint. Gently combine the ingredients. Taste test for seasoning adjustments. Add some sea salt and pepper, if you desire.
- Cover and chill to let the flavors mingle and get happy. Before serving, taste test and adjust seasoning. Add a squeeze of fresh squeezed lime juice and a little extra chopped fresh mint leaves before serving.