Via Gaiam Life
Smoothies are a great way to get a bunch of the nutrients you need into your diet. You can use frozen fruit instead of ice to add more flavor! Also, add your favorite protein to make it a complete meal. Here is a great dairy-free green smoothie recipe:
Try your best to stick some of the fruit in the freezer for an hour before blending. No need to have all of these fruits on hand; even a combination of two in larger amounts will be delicious in this green powerhouse.
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1 large pear or green apple, unpeeled, cut in chunks
- 3 ripe kiwis, peeled
- 1 cup chunks honeydew melon
- 1 cup white grape juice or natural apple cider
- A few leaves fresh mint, if you have them on hand
- Mix all ingredients in the blender a full minute at high speed until smooth and frothy, and enjoy.